CS-Script Visual Studio Integration
The version of CS-Script is compatible with the CS-Script VS Tools (v2.8.0).
|Visual Studio 2010 CS-Script Tools extension (CS-Script VS Tools)
CS-Script Tools extension
allows managing C# scripts with Visual Studio 2010-2013 (all editions except Express). The following
fature based tutorial detailed demonstrates
how to uese the main features of the VS extension.
CS-Script Tools on Visual Studio Gallery.
CS-Script Tools Tutorial
Installing CS-Script Tools
- To install CS-Script VS Tools go to Visual Studio Gallery or click the Visual Studio Integration link in the configuration console and then press "Install" button:
Opening CS-Script Tools window
Creating new script
- In Visual Studio select View->Other Windows->CS-Script Tools menu:
- Click "New Script" command:
Opening existing script
- Click "Open Script" command:
- The Open File dialog will popup. Navigate and select the script file. The script file will be loaded into Visual Studio.
- Drag and drop the script file anywhere in the CS-Script Tools window.
- The script file will be loaded into Visual Studio.
Refreshing opened script references
any time you can trigger parsing CS-Script directives (//css_*) in
order to update set of imported scripts and referenced assemblies. The
following is a tipical scenario for including spike.cs script and adding reference to System.Xml.dll assembly to the new script.cs script.
- Create a new script with the "New Script" command.
- Insert //css_include and //css_reference directives at the top of the script:
- Click on "Refresh Script Project" command:
- The script project will be updated with one new source file and new referenced assembly:
Opening script from the Recent Scripts list
The appearence and the implementation of the "Recent Scripts" is very
similar to the "Recent Projects" list on the "Start page" of Visual
Studio. This also includes support for context menus for script
items for "Open Script", "Open Script Folder" and "Remove
From List". This aloso includes "pinning" and "unpinning" items.
You can edit "Recent Scripts" content by executing "Manage Recent Scripts" command:
- Click the script item in the "Recent Scripts" list to open it in Visual Studio.
Executing CS-Script commands
- Click any of link button in the commands pane. The buttons have self explanatory captions:
Copyright (C) 2004-2012 Oleg Shilo